Take part in the 2022 Minutes Outside Challenge this February to boost your physical, mental and emotional health! The challenge runs from February 1 – 28th and is meant to encourage you to get outside, benefit from the effects of fresh air, bring movement into your daily routine and reap the benefits of being in nature. 2022 minutes is just under 34 hours, meaning roughly 1 hour per day is the minimal commitment to take part. Any activity outside counts, but ‘high quality’ time spent outside is encouraged! Things like walking, running, cold plunging, cycling, hiking, meandering with a friend, sitting on a bench on a nice day.
Participate in the 2022 Minutes Outside challenge by entering your information here. Use the hashtags #2022MinutesChallenge and tag @UBCForestry and @UBClfs on your Instagram photos to win weekly prizes!
All current UBC Faculty of Forestry and UBC Faculty of Land and Food Systems students are eligible to take part in the challenge, submit photos, win prizes, and potentially have their photos reposted to @ubcforestry and/or @ubclfs.
The @ubcforestry and @ubclfs Instagram accounts will always comment on a photo asking for permission to repost.
How to Enter
- Register your intent to take part in the challenge here.
- Track your minutes outside during the month of February using an app of your choice, spreadsheet or colouring page. You can find our official #2022MinutesChallenge colouring page here – just fill it out as you go!
- Following @ubcforestry and @ubclfs on Instagram if you’d like to submit photos for the weekly prizes and use #2022MinutesChallenge
- If your Instagram account is not public, please direct message the photo to the Faculty of Forestry’s account
- Must submit your time tracker with the minimum of 2022 minutes spent outside to be in the Grand Prize draw. Time trackers must be sent to Nicole.Adoranti@ubc.ca by March 1, 2022; 11:59 PDT
February 1, 2022 – February 28, 2022; 11:59 pm PDT
Each week of the contest period one photo will be randomly selected based on the following criteria:
- The Instagram account that submitted the image belongs to a current UBC Forestry or UBC Land and Food Systems student
- The photo demonstrates an individual’s outdoor activity
- The account that submitted the photo is following the @UBCForestry and @UBClfs Instagram accounts
Winners will be contacted via Instagram DM within seven days following the closing of the contest period. If the winners do not respond within 24 hours, UBC Forestry reserves the right to select a new winner.
The week after the Monthly Contest Period, one (1) winner will be randomly selected among all eligible submissions received by March 1, 2022; 11:59 PDT based on the following criteria:
- The student registered their information here.
- The student submitted their completed minutes tracker by email to Nicole.Adoranti@ubc.ca on or before March 1, 2022; 11:59 PDT.
There will be one prize winner per week for a total of (4) weeks for Instagram posts and one (1) winner at the end of the challenge. More information on prizes to be won will be communicated via Instagram throughout the challenge.