Whether you’re spending your summer on the beach, in a lab, on a hike, or anywhere in between, we want to see how you’re enjoying your summer. Enter the UBC Forestry Summer Instagram photo contest using the hashtag #UBCForestrySummer and tag @UBCForestry on your photos to win up to $500 in prizes!
All current and incoming UBC Faculty of Forestry students are eligible to submit photos, win prizes, and potentially have their photos reposted to @ubcforestry. Faculty, staff, and alumni are welcome to submit photos for a chance to be reposted on the @ubcforestry Instagram feed but are not eligible for prizes.
The @ubcforestry Instagram account will always comment on a photo asking for permission to repost.
How to Enter
- Must be following @ubcforestry
- Must use #UBCForestrySummer in the photo caption to indicate they’re submitting the photo for the contest
- If your Instagram account is not public, please direct message the photo to the Faculty of Forestry’s account
- Each person may submit a maximum of 3 photo submissions per contest period
- Repost the announcement photo and tag @ubcforestry (limit one per contest period)
- Share the announcement photo as a story and tag @ubcforestry (limit one per contest period)
- Tag 2 friends for one entry (2 friends = 1 entry; unlimited entries, must be different friends)
Monthly Contest Periods
- June 28, 2021 – July 31, 2021; 11:59 pm PDT
- August 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021; 11:59 pm PDT
The week after each Monthly Contest Period, the UBC Faculty of Forestry Marketing and Communications team will randomly select one (1) winner among all eligible submissions received during the applicable Monthly Entry Period, based on the following criteria:
- The photo was submitted using the #UBCForestrySummer
- The Instagram account that submitted the image belongs to an incoming or current UBC Forestry student
- The photo demonstrates an individual’s summer activity
- The account that submitted the photo is following the @UBCForestry Instagram account
Winners will be contacted via Instagram DM within seven days following the closing of the contest period. If the winners do not respond within 24 hours, UBC Forestry reserves the right to select a new winner.
There will be one prize winner per contest period and a total of two winners throughout the entire summer Instagram contest. The winner will receive a $250 Amazon gift card. More information will be communicated to the winner.