What is the Graduate Certificate in Forest Management and Conservation (GCFMC)?
The GCFMC is a graduate-level certificate that can be completed online in 2 years or less. Students, from all over the world, with a desire to leverage new technology and use science-based practices, will learn the tools to sustainably manage forests in the rapidly changing social and political environment. The program is ideal for working professionals looking to advance their careers.
Why Choose the GCFMC Program?
Working professionals with an undergraduate degree can:
- Meet the growing demand for professionals with up-to-date knowledge of forest resource management and conservation
- Customize this convenient, flexible, fully-digital program that can be completed in 2 years or less
- Be trained by some of the world’s top experts from UBC’s Faculty of Forestry
What Will You Learn?
In 2 years or less, students will be able to:
- Manage forest resources and develop adaptation strategies that integrate sustainable principles and technologies at local, regional and global levels
- Understand the political, governance, legal, administrative and business contexts
- Engage with communities and other partners in developing and implementing forest management practices
Who Should Apply?
This program is for global learners with a desire to advance their careers by receiving the latest training in how to sustainably manage forests in the rapidly changing social and political environment. GCFMC is ideal for working professionals currently employed in, or interested in pursuing careers in, forestry-related, conservation, or natural resource management jobs in the private, public, and non-profit sectors.