The majority of new students to the Wood Products Processing program each year join us from another post-secondary institution so we have a lot of experience in handling transfer credits and preparing academic plans for transfer students.
Students who have completed a first-year science or engineering program at another post-secondary institution should be able to enter directly into the second year of the WPP program. If you have any questions about post-secondary transfer please contact the WPP Program Director, Simon Ellis.
Some examples of the post-secondary institutions in British Columbia from where our transfer students come are shown below.
- We have a close working relationship with the Engineering Transfer program at the University of the Fraser Valley. Several students have transferred from UFV to the Wood Products Processing program over the last few years.
- We have established a new Program Pathway Transfer Agreement with the Engineering Foundations Certificate program at Douglas College. Students can complete the Engineering Foundations Certificate at Douglas College and transfer seamlessly into the second year of the Wood Products Processing program.
- We have also recently established a new Transfer Agreement with the Fundamentals of Engineering certificate program at Vancouver Island University. Students can complete the Fundamentals of Engineering Certificate at VIU and transfer seamlessly into the second year of the Wood Products Processing program.
- We also regularly admit students from the First Year Engineering program at Capilano University.
- Students also regularly join the WPP program from Langara College – from either the General Science program or the Engineering Transfer program.