What will you learn
The Bioeconomy, Sciences and Technology program will appeal to students interested in creating innovative solutions for a sustainable future.
The Bachelor of Forest Bioeconomy, Sciences and Technology provides you core competencies in:
- Scientific principles of biorefineries, biomass, and bioproducts, including the entire supply chain and sustainable energy technologies
- Technologies for converting biomass into bioenergy and biofuels
- Design, use and innovation of bioproducts with low environmental footprint
- Socio-environmental and ecological issues related to the impacts of managed resources used in the bioeconomy
- Measuring and analysis of carbon capture and greenhouse gas emissions
- Participatory methods and community-based approaches to develop renewable enterprises
- Employable business skills such as critical thinking, project management and leadership
The program features hands-on learning through labs, local field trips and a capstone project. The optional co-op program provides paid work experience and the optional minor in commerce provides a strong foundation in business principles.