Wood Products Processing
If you are innovative, like engineering and problem solving, the Bachelor of Science in Wood Products Processing is ideal for you. This award-winning program is a fusion of science, engineering and business. Students gain a comprehensive understanding of wood science, business and advanced manufacturing operations. They also develop essential transferable skills such as problem solving, communication, leadership and teamwork. Students can choose to complement their science degree with a Minor in Commerce.
Co-op is another exciting option that integrates career-related experience into their academic studies. The program was developed in direct response to the demand for university graduates qualified to become the leaders of tomorrow in the wood products sector. The extensive facilities of the Centre for Advanced Wood Processing—Canada’s national centre of excellence for wood products—support the delivery of this unique program by UBC’s Department of Wood Science. Proud Winner of the Yves Landry Foundation Award for the Most Innovative Manufacturing Technology Program at the University Level and the Alfred Scow Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Student Experience and Learning Environment at the University of British Columbia.
- Pursue an interdisciplinary degree and explore science, engineering and business
- Study at Canada’s national centre of excellence for wood products
- Enjoy excellent facilities, including our $2 million wood products manufacturing facility
- Join a cohort of like-minded peers
- Benefit from smaller class sizes and an interactive learning environment
- Support from committed faculty members and student services staff
- Take advantage of our Co-op and Minor in Commerce options
- Develop contacts and mentors through employer events and networking opportunities
- Discover diverse career opportunities in the wood products sector and related fields
- Secure management positions with excellent starting salaries and opportunities for advancement
Dual Degree Option
Earn a Bachelor of Science in Wood Products Processing and a Master of Management in 4.5 years with the Forestry Dual Degree program.