Research Areas:Dielectric Heating and DryingElectric and Dielectric Properties of WoodFluid Flow in Porous MediaFractal and AI ModellingModelling of Heat and Moisture Transfer in Porous MediaMolecular Simulation of Nanopore Water SorptionNon-Destructive EvaluationProcess OptimizationThermal Modification of WoodTimber DryingWater Sorption Modelling of WoodWood Scanning
- Wood-water relations and sorption thermodynamics.
- Fluid flow, heat transfer, and molecular diffusion in wood.
- Modeling steady-state and dynamic non-isothermal diffusion in wood.
- Application of fractals and artificial neural networks to modeling wood physical properties.
- Molecular modeling of the wood nano-pore network in the cell wall.
- Modeling drying stresses in wood and their effect on timber quality.
- Industrial wood kiln drying optimization and development of new drying strategies.
- Radio frequency vacuum (RFV) heating and drying of wood and wood products.
- Dielectric wood phytosanitation.
- Wood thermal modification.