- Wood-water relations and sorption thermodynamics.
- Fluid flow, heat transfer, and molecular diffusion in wood.
- Modeling steady-state and dynamic non-isothermal diffusion in wood.
- Application of fractals and artificial neural networks to modeling wood physical properties.
- Molecular modeling of the wood nano-pore network in the cell wall.
- Modeling drying stresses in wood and their effect on timber quality.
- Industrial wood kiln drying optimization and development of new drying strategies.
- Radio frequency vacuum (RFV) heating and drying of wood and wood products.
- Wood thermal modification.
Modeling of wood thermo-sorptive behavior with artificial neural networks.
Development of timber drying quality prediction models.
Thermal modification of Canadian softwoods.
Evaluation of wood properties Near-Infrared Spectroscopy – industry application systems.
Fractal modeling o wood sorption behavior.
Wood cell wall nanopore sorption by molecular simulation.