Head, Department of Wood Science
Forest Sciences Centre 2926
2424 Main Mall
Vancouver , BC V6T 1Z4
work phone: 604-822-6153
Dielectric heating and drying, Electric and Dielectric Properties of Wood, Fluid Flow in Porous Media, Fractal and AI modeling, Modelling of Heat and Moisture Transfer in Porous Media, Molecular Simulation of Nanopore Water Sorption, Non-destructive evaluation, Process optimization, Thermal Modification of Wood, Timber Drying, Water Sorption Modeling of Wood, Wood scanning
- Wood-water relations and sorption thermodynamics.
- Fluid flow, heat transfer, and molecular diffusion in wood.
- Modeling steady-state and dynamic non-isothermal diffusion in wood.
- Application of fractals and artificial neural networks to modeling wood physical properties.
- Molecular modeling of the wood nano-pore network in the cell wall.
- Modeling drying stresses in wood and their effect on timber quality.
- Industrial wood kiln drying optimization and development of new drying strategies.
- Radio frequency vacuum (RFV) heating and drying of wood and wood products.
- Dielectric wood phytosanitation.
- Wood thermal modification.