My research interests include:
- Quantitative analysis of complex forestry datasets in various areas: tree improvement, tree plantation, experimental trials, permanent sample plots (PSPs), fertilization trials etc.
- Educational research on subject-specific teaching evaluation and identify effective implementation plans.
- Effectiveness of open sources for teaching and learning geospatial data analysis using Python.
- Quantifying quality control tool based on machine learning approaches
- Meta-modelling and meta-analysis of tree mortality, damaging agents (rust), tree growth and yield, tree fertilization
- Modelling and forecasting improved genetics
Hybrid Teaching and Learning Pilot Project
Current March, 2021 – August, 2021
- 2020 Natural Sciences Education Outstanding Reviewer, Natural Sciences Education, American Society of Agronomy
- Best poster award, 3rd prize, UBC, Faculty of Forestry 2015
- Brenda Hanson Memorial Scholarship, UBC, Faculty of Forestry 2015
- Mary and David Macaree Fellowship, UBC, Faculty of Forestry 2013
- Strategic Network Enhancement Initiative (SNEI) 2012
- Donald S McPhee Fellowship, UBC, Faculty of Forestry 2013
- Vandusen Graduate Fellowship in Forestry, UBC 2010
- Graduate Student Travel Award 2011