- Applications received by Jul 15 will be considered for a WT1 (September) intake of the same calendar year.
- Applications received by Nov 15 will be considered for a WT2 (January) intake of the next calendar year.
See below to start your application process or learn more.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their online application and all supporting documents* (including official language electronic test receipt number if applicable) are received by the deadline.
Note: we do not require a GRE score.
Note: this application portal is only for the Forest Management & Conservation Graduate Certificate. If you are interested in applying to a UBC Forestry Master’s or Doctoral degree, please check its respective page for more information.
You must scan and upload one digital copy (.pdf) of each of your official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended or taken courses at.
PLEASE READ THE TRANSCRIPT SUBMISSION PROCEDURE CAREFULLY:
- Transcripts must be scanned front and back (please include the grading scale which is normally found on the back of transcripts). All pages of one transcript, front and back, should be uploaded as a single file (rather than a separate file for each page).
- Transcripts must be uploaded as a .PDF file – no other formats accepted.
- Naming format of each uploaded transcript file must be: LastName_FirstName_FRST_Credential_Transcript_NameofPostSecondaryInstitution
- Example #1: Smith_John_FRST_BEng_Transcript_UnivofToronto
- Example #2: Smith_John_FRST_MSc_Transcript_BeijingForestry
- If you have transcripts that are issued in a language other than English, then in addition to uploading digital copies of the documents in their original language, you must also upload a certified literal English translation of your transcripts from your home university’s translation service or certified English translator.
DO NOT SEND OFFICIAL PAPER COPIES OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS TO UBC DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Forestry will use the uploaded digital copies to evaluate your application. If you are offered admission, registration will be conditional to you submitting by mail one set of all required official academic records for validation by the UBC Forestry Graduate Program. Submission instructions for transcripts will be included in your Offer of Admission package.
Current and former UBC students – You do not need to submit UBC transcripts as part of your graduate certificate application, as this data is already available through the student database system. However, be aware that you are still responsible for submitting transcripts from all other post-secondary institutions that you have attended (e.g., exchange year, transfer year, etc.).
Referees should be non-relatives who are able to provide a professional appraisal of your work and/or scholastic abilities and potential. They may be employers or former employers, supervisors of volunteer placements or internships, or instructors at universities or colleges. They must be able to provide an assessment of your knowledge, skills and character, and probable success in completing graduate-level course work.
GCFMC reference forms are submitted directly by the referee through the Graduate Certificate online application system.
You (the applicant) will input the referee contact information in the reference section of your application. The referees will receive an auto-notification with instructions on how to upload their GCFMC reference form only after you have submitted your complete online application (including paid application fee).
It is therefore VERY important that you complete and submit your online application allowing enough time for your referees to upload letters of recommendation prior to the application deadline.
Applicants whose prior degree is from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide official results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application. Tests must have been taken within the last 24 months at the time of submission of your program application.
Ensure your language test score meets our minimum requirements.
Provide a brief letter that outlines your motivation for pursuing this Graduate Certificate program. This document must be uploaded to your online application.
- include your name (and UBC student number if applicable)
- save as PDF
Provide an up-to-date CV that summarizes, in the following order, your education (degrees, diplomas, continuing education); academic and professional awards, achievements, honours, or other distinctions; work experience and professional certifications; volunteer experience; recreational pursuits.
This document must be uploaded to your online application as a .PDF file. Please use the following naming format:
CV Naming Format: LastName_FirstName_FRST_CV
*A complete GCFMC application file includes all items in the list above.
Understand the Application Review and Decision Process
Applications will not be considered until a full application package is received.
Offers of admission will be made after applications close.
Not yet ready to apply?
If you are interested in learning more about the program in the future, please subscribe to our mailing list.