Being part of the Forestry Tri-Mentoring program is an excellent opportunity to network, develop skills, share experiences, learn about yourself, and explore diverse career options.
Benefits for Mentors
- Opportunity to self-reflect and share life lessons and stories
- Contribute to the success and positive development of the next generations of Forestry professionals
- Develop, strengthen and role model your coaching skills
- Join a group of mentors who share similar values thereby increasing your professional networks
- Expand job pool
The time commitment for the Tri-Mentoring program is 5-10 hours over seven months (October to April). This time commitment typically includes attendance at social events, meetings with your mentees, and online/email/phone communications.
- Complete and submit the Mentor application before the deadline October 1st, 2020
- Agree and abide by the Code of Conduct and the Mentoring Agreement
- Attend Mentor Orientation October 15th (evening) (optional)
- Attend Kick-Off event (October 15th)
- Assist mentees in developing personal goals and checking-in regarding progress
- Meet with your mentees at least three times over the academic year: through phone, Skype/Google Hangout/Zoom (or other online tools), in-person meetings
- Attend Year-End Celebration in March
- Complete an online exit survey in April