Up to $3,500 Available for Eligible Short-Term Skills Training
The Faculty of Forestry is proud to announce that select micro-certificates now qualify for the StrongerBC future skills grant.
As a key component of the Government of British Columbia’s StrongerBC Future Ready Action Plan, this grant program aims to empower individuals by providing support for short-term skills training and career advancement.
Eligible students have the opportunity to receive up to $3,500 towards their chosen micro-certificate program at UBC Forestry. This financial assistance can help to alleviate the financial burden of education and makes professional development more accessible. By combining the industry-aligned education of UBC Forestry’s micro-certificates with the support of the StrongerBC future skills grant, individuals can enhance their knowledge and skills in specific areas of forestry, positioning themselves as highly competitive professionals in the industry.
- Climate Vulnerability & Adaptation
- Forest Carbon Management
- Climate Action and Community Engagement
- Co-Management of Natural Resources
- Forest Health Management
- Communication Strategies for Resource Practitioners
- Environmental Footprints of Organizations
- Tall Wood Structures
- Fire Safety for Timber Buildings
Whether your aim is to advance in your careers, explore new opportunities or contribute to environmental sustainability, these micro-certificates provide a valuable pathway towards achieving your goals.
To be eligible for the StrongerBC future skills grant, you:
- must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person entitled to study in Canada
- are a B.C. resident and currently live in B.C.
- must be 19 years or older or have graduated high school by the start of your course/program
- need to provide consent for the University of British Columbia to disclose your information to the Province of British Columbia
- should not be receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e. grants, loans, scholarships or other funding that covers the same program costs as the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant)
For full eligibility and details, visit: https://www.workbc.ca/find-loans-and-grants/students-and-adult-learners/strongerbc-future-skills-grant