- The Co-op work term fee: $838.00 (Required for each work term)
- The Co-op workshop fee: $272.00 (One-time fee)
The fees listed above are in effect as of August 2023. All fees are subject to change.
The Value of your Co-op Investment
Average Co-op monthly salary $3,132.50 * 5 work terms
Projected income at the end of the Co-op Program: $62,650
Co-op work term fees: $4,190.00 + One-time workshop fee: $272.00
Total Expenses: $4,462.00
$62,650 – $4,462.00 = $58,188.00
Your Co-op Tuition in Action
As the Forestry Co-op Program is self-funded, your Co-op tuition fees support all costs directly related to the management of the program.
In turn, you benefit from the services we provide, including:
- Employment skills training and coaching;
- One-on-one professional resume and cover letter assistance;
- Personalized interview preparation;
- Access to exclusive job postings and assistance with your job search;
- Coordination of interview bookings and liaising between students and employers;
- Developing local and international industry contacts
- Support during your Co-op work terms, including assistance in resolving workplace issues;
- Evaluation of your Co-op work term including on-site visits with your work supervisor
Please be aware that students are charged UBC student fees in addition to co-op tuition fees during the co-op work terms.
A work term fee is required whether you obtained the position from a job posted via the Co-op office, or through your independent networking and job searching efforts.